Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Story

I thought I would tell you all of a funny story that happened to me today while in the library. I spend all day (8 am to 5 pm) up on campus studying for the MCAT. I take the test in just over two weeks - May 27th!!!
Today I was in the library in the Asian Collections section and a little Chinese lady came up to me and told me that her daughter had wandered into the men's restroom and asked me to go get her out. So I went in there and the little girl (she was about 3 or 4) was standing with her pants down and trying to push herself up to one of the urinals and was trying to sit down like she would on a normal toilet! (That's just gross in and of itself!) I didn't really know what to do, but there was one other guy who was just leaving as I was going in and since no one else was in there we just told the lady to come in and get her daughter. She was embarrassed and upset at her daughter, but I couldn't help but laugh after.

Anyway, I'll update you as the MCAT gets closer.

Love,
Steve

7 comments:

Gina said...

Whew! That's a tricky situation. Good thinking having the mom come in and get her herself.
That reminds me of an incident that happened to two of our male friends in the ward. They were asked to babysit for Enrichment Night in order for all the women to attend. One of the girls they were watching took off her pants and underwear and started dancing around. They didn't want to touch her, and luckily she obeyed by getting dressed again. Can you imagine how it would have looked if someone had walked in?? We told them that it's people like him that caused the church to start putting windows in the doors. :)

Gina said...

I can't believe you are so easily distracted while studying for the MCAT. You can't let chinese ladies and their children get in the way of the perfect score you're aiming for. jk

Good luck on the MCAT!!!

Doug said...

I posted the previous comment.

Rebecca said...

Some Chinese people don't know what bathrooms are...while in China most people would just take their children to the side of the road to do their business. Maybe the girl had no idea that we have seperate bathrooms for genders--just giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Rebecca said...

Good luck on the MCAT!!! We'll be thinking of you while we are on the beach :)

Heywood Happenings said...

Steve! Funny story! Good thing it had a nice ending, because you can never be too careful! I am so excited for you to ACE the MCAT! I love you so much!

MayFamily said...

i dont know if u already took the MCAT thingy, but it sounds hard................. GOOD LUCK! and if i were u i wouldve told the chinese lady to get her herself bcuz im busy... but thats just me! jk. love u steve!

♥ sariah