Saturday, March 15, 2008

Speaking of March Madness....

Today was the Championship game for our young men's team. Doug did a great job coaching them, and making sure everyone had a turn. He sounded like he knew what he was doing too. I overheard him telling the boys things like, "You need to push it until half time to extend our lead." Unfortunately, the boys got a little bit lazy and whiny, and we lost the game 42-46.


Doug also has a very supportive assistant coach. I overheard him giving useful advice to another player too: "Jermaine, come here. I need to tell you something. I need to tell you something.... I have lots of toys."

2 comments:

Doug said...

Two cents from 'coach'

It's been a lot of fun to coach these kids. They still need to work on their attitude and mental toughness, but that will come with time. I think I did a pretty good job with a bunch of inner-city kids. Who knows, maybe I'll quit med school to become Rick Majerus' assistant at SLU.

I'll set up March Madness on ESPN and be emailing you all to join the group.

Rebecca said...

So Doug, the other day Brandon swore (not litterally) that he saw your number on our caller id. We both got a little giddy thinking it was you trying to call us and tell us where you would be doing your residency. We were both extemely excited and tried to call your home--no answer. We searched and searched to find your cell and Brandon finally found it. We called only to have reached mom's cell phone. We love you mom but it was a huge let down. Brandon obviously has the wrong # in his cell phonebook. Anyways, we can't wait to find out where your going.