I couldn't remember how to post on here, but, you can all rest easy, I figured it out! That must have been why I've only posted once before! ;)
The life a teacher is fabulous -- in the summer. Here is what I have been up to: In early June I got to go to Hawaii with the Heywoods. We were on the big island and it was really cool. The west side of the island is all desert and the east side of the island is all rain forest. Hawaii has 5 volcanoes and two are considered the "tallest" and "largest" mountains in the world (if you think that they rise from the sea floor) so they create their own climate. Also, large parts of the island are covered in lava from lava flows.
We played at the beach, got to watch Ryan complete the IronMan 70.3 (way to go, Ryan!), snorkled, saw the Kona temple, and got to see some cool volcano sights. Thanks to the Heywoods for inviting me and getting me out there!
Then I was lucky enough to spend a few short days with the Mays (always great fun) and see Rachel graduate. (way to go, Rachel!)
On Monday, I get to go back to Maine and then New York. I know, my life is hard!
Other than travel and play I have re-painted my room. For those who don't know, I moved in February and my miniature room was painted dark forest green. It felt like a dungeon, so I painted it on Thursday. Now it is a bright miniature room! I've also been working on some projects in Alpine and an art project on the continents. I like to pretend that I have artistic skills and have combined my love of maps with ink transfers to make 7 panels. But my room doesn't have space to hang them, so they are just sitting downstairs.
Also, I have been busy with primary in my ward. This seems to be the calling that I just have no clue how to do and I have been procrastinating tomorrow's sharing time all day! Yikes!
Anyways, life is good. Stephen, Hannah, and I hiked to Horse Tail Falls today and it was beautiful. Till next year! I love you all!
Here are some pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment