Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wedding and Honeymoon!

Well, it's about time that I posted some pictures on here. Hannah and I have been back from the honeymoon for about 2 weeks and I've been slow to organize all our pictures. I highly recommend a cruise to all of you. They are so relaxing and it's super nice to have everything taken care of and you don't have to worry about paying for food and stuff. We left from LA on Sunday the 21st and were just at sea all day Monday and got into Cabo San Lucas Tues morning. It's the very tip of the Baja peninsula. It is mainly a tourist place, but the scenery is beautiful. There we went kayaking, snorkeling, and laid out on the beach. Then we left for Mazatlan and got there the next morning. Mazatlan is a bigger city and the boat docked at some industrial place cause there's no better place to dock and you had to take a cab to the beaches and resorts. We just spent the day at the beach, rented some boogie boards and just had a good time relaxing. In all of the cities there are little vendors who come up and ask you if you want a necklace, sunglasses, skirts, etc. They were relentless in Mazatlan! We bought Hannah some little earrings and as soon as we were done about three other vendors came up and wouldn't leave us alone. I guess they saw that we bought something and would maybe buy some more...even though it was the exact same stuff! We did enjoy the haggling of prices though! The next day we were in Puerto Vallarta. We went on a zip line excursion in the jungle canopy, which was a lot of fun. There was a series of about 15 different zip lines going through the trees and it was really pretty. We took an hour and a half drive through the small towns and country side to get there. It was nice to see a different side of Mexico other than the tourist places. The next two days were spent at sea on our way back to LA. The cruise is nice cause you can do so many things on the ship. They have mini golf, basketball court, rock climbing, an ice skating rink, dance floors a couple pools, jogging track, and much more. We went to a couple broadway-style shows, an ice-skating performance, I played in a ping pong tournament (I got worked the first round...but the guy I lost to ended up winning). In the evenings you could eat at a buffet or go to the main dining area where they served a really fancy three course meal. The food was so good and you could have as many different entrees or desserts as you want!


Before getting on the boat


In Cabo we had our picture taken with a tiger! They had a tiger, lion and a little leopard cub you could choose from. You paid $25 and they took your picture, printed out a nice copy right there and then took pictures with your own camera and you got to pet all the cubs. Well worth it!


On a beach at Cabo with our boat.


The vendors in Mazatlan convincing Hannah to get some cheap earrings (that's a person carrying all those hats and baskets on the left!)


Mazatlan


Hannah rappelling down after the zip lines in Puerto Vallarta.


Playing a little ping pong

Now we're back to jobs and real life. Our apartment is starting to look more like a home, and we're getting things organized. I was so glad that all of you were able to come to San Diego for the wedding. I hope that all of you are doing well!

Love,
Steve and Hannah

3 comments:

MayFamily said...

It all looks so fun!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a great time! I particularly enjoyed the pic of Steve in the muscle shirt...you'd fit right in down here in the south with the Nascar fans, and the tiger was cool too!! We love you guys.

David and Catherine said...

Looks like you had a good time! The tiger cub is so cute!