Yesterday while I was at work I received this text from Devin at about 9 in the morning:
"The car broke down on the freeway, now it's at some mom and pop shop. They are trying to figure out the problem. I have no idea what is up"
Only to be followed by this one about 4 hours later:
"The car is toast. I shouldn't have taken it on the trip. We are going to have to buy a new car. It will cost way more than it is worth to have it repaired."
So that afternoon I talked with Devin (between his Disneyland rides) and we are now donating that car to charity. The problem...the title is here in Utah and it's in his name -- I can't sign it he has to. So we have to fax a copy tonight when Devin gets home so the in the morning the towing company can pick it up and then we'll mail in the actual title. Now we now to get the title with the word or so that either of us can sign it.
It was actually about time for us to look for a new car anyway. We were glad to have grandma's car while it lasted.
Anyone know of some good car deals right now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That stinks! If I see any good deals, I'll let you know.
I'm sorry Sarah. Nothing is worse than having your car break down. My two cents would be to find a good deal and rate on a new car if you can afford it. Good luck!
-Doug
That car was born and died both in CA. I would get a new car too...maybe if you purchase a minivan your kids will start coming :)
How is Devin getting back to UT?????
Post a Comment