Well, family, I decided that I finally needed to post something on this blog. Let me explain my delay:
1) I don't have internet except when I come to Mom and Dad's.
2) I don't particulary like blogging or bloggers (but seeing as this is somewhat like a family newsletter I will make an exception)
3) My life is so mundane that you would be bored to tears to read most of my posts.
But to contribute to the fun, here we go!
School is getting busier and busier. Track is underway, and much to the disappointment of Mom and Dad, I am still coaching. We had our first track meet on Wednesday. Our team of 20 did alright. While we didn't finish first in any event, there were a few where we didn't finish last! In telling the hurdlers to "attack the hurdle", I think some forgot they were supposed to win the battle. No, actually it has been fun this year. Our team is very young and inexperienced, but we are all having a good time and I don't mind coaching, especially since I get a little extra money.
I have told the school that next year will most likely be my last and then I am off to new adventures. (Hopefully back east. David has been pushing for Boston. If anyone else can persuade me to their local, I am open to suggestions.)
Springbreak was at the end of March. Amber Taylor and I drove up to Vancouver, WA to spend a few days with her aunt. We spent a day in Portland (Vancouver is just across the river) and a day in Seattle, and a day hiking in the Columbia River Gorge. Here are a few pictures:

Eating at a fabulous Moroccan restaurant in Portland. We sat on cushions on the floor and ate with our hands. They had a great belly dancer too!
Seattle skyline from Elliot Bay. We went to the market and also to a really great, really EXPENSIVE, really gourmet restaurant called The Purple Cafe. So fun! So much money!
On Friday we hiked 12 miles to see Tunnel Falls. These falls were about 500 feet tall and the cliffs where the trail is are about 250 feet up. (Blame Amber for me being so tiny, but at least it shows how big the falls are). I was in heaven as I was collecting plants the whole way.Anyways, that's all for now. I love you all! Maybe I'll contribute again! :)
Ruth
No comments:
Post a Comment