Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From the Redwood Forest....

Our family had the great opportunity to visit with the Heywoods and the Mays for 6 days out in San Francisco. We really packed it in and got to see amazing and beautiful sites: Reyes Point, Chimney Rock, Muir woods (that's just the first day!), the Golden Gate bridge, China Town, Fishermen's Wharf, Oakland Temple, Lombard St., Alcatraz, and Alamo Square. Not to mention 2 visits to Ghirardelli's for ice cream! Here are a few pics. We'll email you an album for more.




Reyes Point.
An excellent spot for whale watching... and testing your physical stamina and endurance (a .4 mile uphill hike, 133 307stairs down to the light house, 133 307 stairs up from the lighthouse, and 30-40 mph winds!). No whales spotted by our group, but breathtaking views abounded.



Sam nabbed some Eucalyptus leaves for our car-sick relief.


The Golden Gate Bridge



Experiencing true California life.



Lombard Street.
The crookedest street in the nation- we're not sure about the residents.


Pier 39.
Gina felt her style was cramped by the above sign.


A trip to Alcatraz is all we needed to reaffirm our desire to stay out of prison.
(Isn't he cute? I even got to take him home with me!)

Alamo Square.
Famous Victorian townhomes made famous by "Full House" (Uncle Jesse was nowhere to be found).

1 comment:

MayFamily said...

I think I counted 307 stairs each way, not 133. I'm sure I would not have been so tired if it was only a measley 133!