Thursday, March 13, 2008

First Grade moments

Hello family!!
I haven't posted anything yet and thought it was time to. My life has been really routine lately: get up, go to school, teach, come home, plan. Devin's has similarly been really boring: get up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep. So in a nutshell not much has happened lately in the life of the Andersen's. I do have some pretty funny moments being in the first grade.

I thought I could write my letters until I was corrected by a student! During writing time a student asked to how to spell a word that ended in a "d" -- I don't remember the word, but I did spell it correctly. The student responded "that's not a 'd' you wrote 'cl" then what really got me was she wrote over my supposedly horribly written "d" in the exact way that she was taught -- curve around go up and down again. Silly me!

Other funny moments with spelling include things like, "Teacher how do you spell right? Do you mean the right like you got the answer right? No, the right like he wanted to jump on the tramp right away." These funny times are what get me through the day of crazy times and stressful planning. Although I like first graders and think they're awfully cute, I'm glad I'll be teaching 4th!

I hope everything is going well for all of you. If you have ideas for fun things to do that don't cost any money let me know -- sometimes I feel so bored with my routine life.

Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

Doug said...

Sarah,

If you're looking for something to spice up your life, one of Gina and my favorite things to do on a Friday night is to make artistic necklaces and mobiles from our leftover pizza crusts. It is actually quite fun. Give it a try.

Love,

Doug

Doug said...

Sarah,

In case you don't get my previous response, I am trying to be cheesy. Here in St. Louis we are bombarded by these dumb commercials for St. Louis style pizza where the toppings go all the way to the edge (no crust). They are making fun of other pizzas where you are left with a ton of crust and trying to figure out what to do with it. I guess it probably wasn't very funny seeing as how you've never seen the commercials.

Love you