February has been a fun and busy month for our family here in California. We started off the month with a trip to the snow near Lake Tahoe. It was funny for Ryan and I to think that our kids were so fascinated by snow and Kate especially was so amazed that it was cold! We never thought we would have such fair weather kids! Anyway, it was beautiful and we just couldn't believe how much snow there was.
We enjoyed a fun treasure hunt from mom for Valentines Day and the kids loved getting valentines in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa too. Ryan and I also got to go out on a date to hear Jen sing about being as "horny as Kansas in August" (really was "corny" but it sure sounded like "horny" to Ryan).
February marked the start of Little League baseball practices for Jake. Catherine will be happy to know that Jacob is on the Red Sox this year, and he is doing so well. Even living in California for three years now, I still am amazed that we can be outside playing baseball in February! Jacob also just finished his basketball season and was the star of the team. He was even so important that his coach didn't want him to miss a game for the Pinewood Derby, so he came late to that. Ryan and Jake had a great "learning experience" putting together that car. It was so fun to watch them plan and work on it together.
Kate has learned to pump herself in the swing and she can swing for hours! She goes so high, she scares her mom just watching! Today she said,"Look mom, no eyes!" as she closed her eyes on the swing. She is best friends with a little boy in the ward, and whenever he comes over, she changes from princess to pirate in an instant.
I am very excited to have the month of February over because that means I am on a break from school, and I have my list ready of projects to do during my time off. I have promised Ryan there will be no painting or remoldeling this month, but I seem to always find plenty of other things to do.
Ryan started a big project with Yahoo in Portland, and we have missed him the last couple of weeks of the month, but we are so excited to leave for Hawaii in just a few days!!
We love you all and are so excited to keep in touch through this blog!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment